We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Policing / Community Warden

Abuse of Position Poster Abuse of Position Poster


Please note that any non-urgent policing issues should be telephone through to 101, or in an emergency/incident is taking place currently then telephone 999. Reporting to 101 can also be done online at

For all emergencies dial 999

101 is the new Police non-emergency number.  101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police - when it is less urgent than a 999 call.  101 is available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.

When to call 101: you should call 101 to report less urgent crime and disorder or to speak to your local officers.  For example you should call 101 if your car has been stolen; your property has been damaged; you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood or to report a minor traffic collision; give the police information about crime in your area or to speak to the police about a general enquiry.

A number of guides are available which may be downloaded via

Community Warden:

Mira Martin is the Community Warden for Marden.  Mira also covers Staplehurst and can be contacted on 07969 584179 or emailed on [email protected]  Please note Mira's emails are mainly checked on a Monday and Wednesday morning so if you need to contact her urgently please dial her mobile.

Useful contact details:

DVLA - untaxed vehicles: 08000 325202 /

Trading Standards - Bogus callers: 01732 525291

Unwanted phone calls/junk mail: 0545 070 0707 /

British Transport Police: 0800 405040

Maidstone Borough Council: 01622 602000

Age UK offer a variety of services and advice including befriending, day care and property maintenance (some services are chargeable) - Telephone 01622 753618 Email [email protected]

Involve Kent offer a variety of services and advice including befriending (some services are chargeable) - Telephone 01622 677337 Email [email protected]

Citizens Advice take calls on behalf of Trading Standards and they advise on all sorts of consumer queries.  The consumer helpline will assess your problem and pass it on to Trading Standards if it is appropriate. Telephone (consumer helpline) 03454 040506

For a very comprehensive site listing information regarding all types of fraud and scams visit